This hot and humid summer season, it is very important to have a functional and efficient AC. Is your current air conditioning unit giving you problems? Are you wondering whether it’s time for an AC replacement?
AC units aren’t exactly the cheapest appliances you can buy at any given time. However, in order to keep your home comfortable, you need a functional AC that can keep your surroundings cool especially on extremely hot and uncomfortable days. If you’re still pushing back purchasing a new AC, perhaps it’s time to check out some signs to know if you should definitely buy a new one.
1. Inefficient AC Unit: Does your energy bill shoot up when you use your AC more often? If so, perhaps your air conditioning unit is no longer as efficient as it’s supposed to be. Another call for AC maintenance service might not do the trick anymore. Maybe you can start looking for a new unit already.
2. Frequent and Expensive Repairs: Do you always have to call for AC repair service? If all the money you spent on repairs went towards a new AC unit, then it would definitely be more convenient and hassle-free for you.
3. It Takes Time to Cool a Room: How long does it take for you to start feeling your room getting cool after turning on your AC? If it takes longer than usual, then your AC might not be as functional as you need it to be.
4. It’s Hard to Find Replacement Parts: Repairs get even more expensive when it’s hard to find replacement parts for your AC. At times, you have to wait for the supplier to source those parts, which means more days without a functional air conditioner!
5. Your AC is Just Way Too Old: Ideally, an air conditioning unit would last about 15 years if properly maintained. Newer models come out yearly with more modern and energy-efficient functions. If your always inefficient AC has served you for over a decade already, perhaps it’s time to put it to rest.
When in doubt, you can always seek advice from experts! Eggert Cooling and Heating can help you with AC maintenance, repairs, and replacement. We are available in Orlando, Apopka, Ocoee, Lake Mary, Clermont, Sanford, and surrounding communities. Call us at 407-252-3785 to get a free estimate.